🤷‍♂️
🤷‍♂️
🤷‍♂️
🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 20210925_175747.jpg
    20210925_175747.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
Quick follow up before hunt next week.. Hit the range again this morning to confirm everything and it was another one of those days where everything just goes perfectly. Groups with the Barnes bullets were the best yet. Fired a group of 5 in a clean cold barrel and the first shot was less than an inch out with the following 4 making one hole.

Dial was absolutely perfect. Clicks put me dead on.

I've done my part on the shooting side, here's hoping my hunting side can carry water and bring home some cows.

Thanks for input. I've been trying to purchase Peterson brass for almost a year. Please let me know the results with load development using Peterson. I'm confident one of my issues is consistent neck tension. Thinking about expander mandrels. Any input on them appreciated. Thanks again
Yes, I am to the point I'm going to order and use the mandrel. Still have velocity issues with Peterson and Nosler. Both of these are not liking my chamber.
So, I'm entertaining a visit to the Smith and have him look at it and definately reaming the neck/leade out farther so I can seat the back end of the bullet bearing surface above this recurring donut. Just checked a dummy cartridge with a 143 Hammer and a 168 SMK and I have a bunch of mag clearance.

I can easily slide a bullet into a fired case, but the bullet hangs up on that donut after one firing. This is after reaming and neck turning the i.d. and o.d., and shooting one time...Peterson or Nosler. It's this chamber, as not many people have this amount of trouble. It's not going to be ready for deer season now.

Yes, I am to the point I'm going to order and use the mandrel. Still have velocity issues with Peterson and Nosler. Both of these are not liking my chamber.
So, I'm entertaining a visit to the Smith and have him look at it and definately reaming the neck/leade out farther so I can seat the back end of the bullet bearing surface above this recurring donut. Just checked a dummy cartridge with a 143 Hammer and a 168 SMK and I have a bunch of mag clearance.

I can easily slide a bullet into a fired case, but the bullet hangs up on that donut after one firing. This is after reaming and neck turning the i.d. and o.d., and shooting one time...Peterson or Nosler. It's this chamber, as not many people have this amount of trouble. It's not going to be ready for deer season now.
Please keep me posted on your progress. Went to the range yesterday and that was a fiasco. My Browning X-Bolt shot great with my hunting loads thank goodness. Went to my Ackley took one shot and then was not able to chamber another round. Out of the blue. All brass was trimmed to length, bullet had .020 jump, and was not near max load. Luck has it that my smith is headed out west but sent him pics of bolt face and will try to figure it out. 🤯

Opening morning of cow moose & elk. Found our herd around legal light. Snaked through the trees with my pals father in law and crawled out to a point directly across from the herd while my dad and friend stayed up top with spotting scope and radio.

Laid up in the side of the valley for an hour or so watching the elk rustle around. Had a 2021 calf in my scope @ 353yds a few times but opted to wait. Would have been a miserable retrieval and also holding out for a little more meat.

No moose spotted yet. Perfect first morning though. Great hike through the valley, saw lots of elk and deer, back at the farm to get after a Crock-Pot of elk chili before we head back to the valley for some afternoon glassing.

The sun is shining.
👍

Day 2, no meat hanging yet. Came in on the same herd this morning but I was outplayed.

Didn't see a single moose.

End of the day I called in a nice 6x6 bull for fun. First time I've ever done that, man what a cool feeling. We had eyes on him the whole time to so we got to watch him her angry, **** all over himself, pace back and forth. It was a blast.