280AI powders

I don't seem to have a problem with accuracy using RL26.

20190610_084140.jpg

I didnt have a problem with accuracy either with r26. It was just better with H4831SC.
Therein lies the mystery between the bolt face and the muzzle. What works in one rifle will be different in another. I'm a Hodgdon guy for sure. I just tried Alliant powders because it was listed as the most accurate powder for a 270 win project. I tried it and it worked. Now I give both Hodgdon and Alliant an equal test when working up other loads. RE23 worked best in my new 280AI rifle project. Hoping the OP finds goodness out of all this info.
I have no doubt H4831 worked in many 280AI's and yours obviously well. It's a great, stable powder for many configurations.

I'm using IMR 7828, its what I use in my Wby so I had it on hand. I'm getting just shy of 3k w/ 160 AB and great accuracy. The load is right off Noslers website. I haven't tried any other powders but out of a 24" I'm basically matching "factory" 7mag 160 loads so I was happy with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.