280ai / Magpro - heavy .284" bullets

fremont

Interested in trying Magpro with 175 Woodleigh PP in 1:10" 280ai. Per JBM calculator, it's stable. Anyone tried Magpro in 280ai? Accurate/Ramshot's manual doesn't have data for same. Thanks

I've not used that bullet but I did test it with lighter bullets. My groups weren't anything great with 120 and 140 gr bullets. However, Ramshot magnum did give me .254" with 120 gr TSX @ 3320 FPS. The most accurate powder I tested and there were a number of them, was H-4831, Magnum, Reloder 22. I did not test Reloder 26 but it might prove to be impressive.

Interested in trying Magpro with 175 Woodleigh PP in 1:10" 280ai. Per JBM calculator, it's stable. Anyone tried Magpro in 280ai? Accurate/Ramshot's manual doesn't have data for same. Thanks
I tried that bullet a lot before I sold my 280AI including with MagPro and could just never quite get it sub MOA. Could have been the barrel but I could not get 175 Sierra game kings to shoot well either. 150s though would shoot great. Good luck if you try it, I used a Woodleigh bullet and my 30-06 for brown bear and it was perfect. Only took one shot and got full penetration, they're great when they shoot well

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.