280ai / Magpro - heavy .284" bullets

fremont

Interested in trying Magpro with 175 Woodleigh PP in 1:10" 280ai. Per JBM calculator, it's stable. Anyone tried Magpro in 280ai? Accurate/Ramshot's manual doesn't have data for same. Thanks

Seabeeken

I’ve not used that bullet but I did test it with lighter bullets. My groups weren’t anything great with 120 and 140 gr bullets. However, Ramshot magnum did give me .254“ with 120 gr TSX @ 3320 FPS. The most accurate powder I tested and there were a number of them, was H-4831, Magnum, Reloder 22. I did not test Reloder 26 but it might prove to be impressive.

AkBirder300

Interested in trying Magpro with 175 Woodleigh PP in 1:10" 280ai. Per JBM calculator, it's stable. Anyone tried Magpro in 280ai? Accurate/Ramshot's manual doesn't have data for same. Thanks
I tried that bullet a lot before I sold my 280AI including with MagPro and could just never quite get it sub MOA. Could have been the barrel but I could not get 175 Sierra game kings to shoot well either. 150s though would shoot great. Good luck if you try it, I used a Woodleigh bullet and my 30-06 for brown bear and it was perfect. Only took one shot and got full penetration, they’re great when they shoot well

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.