280ai load development with new brass or once fired brass from a different gun

spin-one

I have or have ordered all the components for my 280ai build. I have just purchased 250 pieces of Nosler 280ai brass from a member here. Half the brass is new and half is once fired. I am not sure if I am going to need all of this brass so my question is - would it be better to do my load development with the new brass or the once fired brass,from a different rifle?

Thanks
Scott

To do it best you should fire form the new brass or fire form the once fired brass to your gun then do load development. If you don't want to fire form before load development then go with the new

To do it best you should fire form the new brass or fire form the once fired brass to your gun then do load development. If you don't want to fire form before load development then go with the new
I have always started out with new brass, so your answer is what I was thinking. when I am not 100 percent sure it is nice to get other opinions.

Thanks

It might it all depends, reamers are not all ground the same even though there the same caliber especially from one manufacturer to the next. Same with dies so its gonna depend on if your die reamer combo matches up.

I've seen 28 noslers .006 difference from base of case to shoulder different length

I will start out with the new brass. Since this rifle will mainly be for hunting I don't see myself needing to use the once fired brass. most my target shooting is done with my 6.5 creedmoore.The new 280ai build will be setup identical to my creedmoor, so there won't be much transition from one to the other.

I don't think you'll see a difference just check your headspace for sure with the fired brass

I have never reloaded for a Ackley Improved case before. I was wondering if the standard Hornady headspace comparator work with the short steep 40 degree shoulder?