280ai clickers

I run Nosler brass in my .280AI. 175 Elite @ 2986fps from a 26", so a warm load. Never had a clicker problem with the R700 action it is built on. I have 5+ firings on my brass, some may have 6+.

I run Nosler brass in my .280AI. 175 Elite @ 2986fps from a 26", so a warm load. Never had a clicker problem with the R700 action it is built on. I have 5+ firings on my brass, some may have 6+.
I have never heard of the 280ai having this problem. I run a Redding master hunter die, I am going to give them a call to see if there may be any variances in the SAANI die.

Spin one. Try loading at a book start charge and see if you still get the click. If not, work up in one grain increments until you do and call it max. Maybe drop down in bullet weight if you want the velocity.

That is how my RUM was. Just didn't close to the velocity I thought I should have....I used what others were posting on what they were getting and used as my baseline. I still shoot the heavy 245, but not fast...but it is accurate.

Just wasn't in the cards...
When I started load development with a ladder test, the slight click was present even at the lower powder charge. I am shooting the Barnes 145gr LRX so it is not a heavy for caliber bullet. Thanks for your suggestions

Scott