280AI and RL 22

jordanrw23

Hello all! so I decided to join LRH after creeping around for a little while lol. I was looking to see if anyone out there has any load data for the Barnes LRX 145g with Reloder 22 in the 280AI? I tried to Google some results and haven't found any solid information, at least in recent history. I looked around on Rokslide, Accurate Shooter, Nosler..... which lead me to here and ultimately joining all of you fine people. I found somewhere online that one guy did a load of 61g to 63.5g of RL22 and max was the ticket. I asked a couple other fellas on this load and they had similar results. Needles to say I built a similar load with a CCI 200 primer and once fired factory Hornady factory barss. at 61g starting charge I was 3100 at the muzzle on 4 shots but had signs of pressure and very heavy bolt lift. So my thought process now is to back off 2 grains and start over. After the 4 shots i decided to NOT attempt to shoot the remaining loads of 5 per charge up to 63g. Long story short does anyone have any new updated data they wouldn't mind sharing with me? By the way I am shooting this out of a factory Kimber Hunter 24" barrel.

Look at Barnes load data for the 7 RSAUM starting load 150 gr bullet is 58 gr of RL22. I know you have a 280AI but 7 RSAUM is similar to the 280AI. I would start at 57 gr RL22 and work up, might change primers also. Just watch your chrono readings. Hope this helps.

Look at Barnes load data for the 7 RSAUM starting load 150 gr bullet is 58 gr of RL22. I know you have a 280AI but 7 RSAUM is similar to the 280AI. I would start at 57 gr RL22 and work up, might change primers also. Just watch your chrono readings. Hope this helps.
thanks a ton, I will surely look at that data!

It tested rl22 with the 145 lrx in my 280 AI. It shot well with a .8" group but h4831 shot .2 so I went that route. In the end, I tested the 120 tsx and it liked h4831 best And didn't like rl22 at all but that's just my rifle, yours may be different

I actually just shot some 162 ELDm with reloader 22 and had good groups at 59-60 grains. Not sure that helps you any but good luck.