280AI ammo

cjs88

What's the deal? Seems like a lot of other calibers are in-stock and approaching reasonable prices yet 280AI is rarely in-stock and approaching pre-covid 50BMG per round prices. Where's the relief??

It's extremely popular, glad I found it for less than $45 a box by the case(200rds) and bought both cases. Same ammo now is over $70 a box last time I looked. I have all of the components now, so I no longer look unless I am curious.

Last edited:
It's ex popular, glad I found it for less than $45 a box by the case(200rds) and bought both cases. Same ammo now is over $70 a box last time I looked. I have all of the components now, so I no longer look unless I am curious.
ex popular? Extremely?

So all 7mms just become way more popular out of nowhere??

There are all types 223 Rem and 308 Win ammo everywhere, and some 30-06. 260 Rem, 300 Blackout and some odd cartridges.

Haven't seen 7mm Rem Mag. 7mm-08, 280AI or 270 Win which is very common.

Are 7mm's more common? I believe the 3 7mm cartridges mentioned are pretty common, but obviously the 308 cal is way more and in many more cartridges. 308 Win, 30-06, 300 WM. Etc, etc.

I hope I start seeing more 7mm bullets available soon. I am pretty well stocked, and I want to to keep it like that.

As LVJ76 said 7mm bullets are non existent. I was at the LGS the other day and lots of 30 caliber, 6mm, 224 but not one box of 284 bullets. Does anyone have a explanation for this?

As LVJ76 said 7mm bullets are non existent. I was at the LGS the other day and lots of 30 caliber, 6mm, 224 but not one box of 284 bullets. Does anyone have a explanation for this?
You'd think they are using them for ammo, but don't see that either. Maybe not focusing on their production since there are more common calibers.

If I did not reload, I would stick to the 223, 6.5 CM and 308. By the time you by a couple hundred rounds of factory ammo for the 280ai, you could be well on your way in the reloading rabbit hole. It opens up so many more options, but it does tend to cause the rifle obsession to go to much higher levels.

If I did not reload, I would stick to the 223, 6.5 CM and 308. By the time you by a couple hundred rounds of factory ammo for the 280ai, you could be well on your way in the reloading rabbit hole. It opens up so many more options, but it does tend to cause the rifle obsession to go to much higher levels.
I have a 6.5CM with about 300 something rounds. Just stupid that the 7mms are being left behind it seems.