280AI ammo

2rjshort

2rjshort

I just recently paid through the nose for some 280AI Nosler ammo at my LGS. Normally wouldn't purchase since I reload but I'm just about out of 7mm bullets and couldn't tell you the last time I seen any. There for a while you could pick up Barnes on occasion but its been months since I've seen any. Probably been well over 2 years since I've seen a 7mm Accubond.

LVJ76

LVJ76

LRH Team Member
I just recently paid through the nose for some 280AI Nosler ammo at my LGS. Normally wouldn't purchase since I reload but I'm just about out of 7mm bullets and couldn't tell you the last time I seen any. There for a while you could pick up Barnes on occasion but its been months since I've seen any. Probably been well over 2 years since I've seen a 7mm Accubond.

Don't know what bullets you use, but online I've seen some 150gr ELDX around every 3 monthns or so, and 150gr Game Changers every 4 or 5 months. Hope this helps.

2rjshort

2rjshort

Don't know what bullets you use, but online I've seen some 150gr ELDX around every 3 monthns or so, and 150gr Game Changers every 4 or 5 months. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info! I'll keep my eyes open! Used to always be an Accubond guy but have gravitated towards TTSX and LRX in most of my rifles due to availability.

LVJ76

LVJ76

LRH Team Member
I saw some Barnes 7mm bullets a few weeks ago at the local Sportsmans Warehouse

I can keep an eye out if you like.

C

cabelasken

It seems like Hornady and Sierra have stocked the shelves with a few calibers, but Barnes and Nosler are lagging behind. Scheels has a good selection of .308 stuff in Hornady and Sierra, but not much in .284. Primers and brass are rare to find and prices are ultra high if you do. I just hope things become available by next year.

C

cabelasken

Scheels has been getting a shipment of powders from various manufacturers at least every other week. I think the arrival time is usually on Mondays. Internet information will not tell you what is available - you have to go down to the store. Most of the popular powders are gone within two days and in some cases, they may limit the quantity of a particular type. I've been able to keep my supply up of medium slow powders for my rifles. Some are not first choice, but at lease the burn rate is correct. Prices have been a notch more favorable than most of the online outlets.

C

cjs88

I've been tempted to buy a box from Midway but $4.40/rd and after tax/shipping its like $120 for a box.

2rjshort

2rjshort

Ouch! Yea, that's crazy. May want to talk to your local dealer. Some may be willing to hold ammo for you and get it at a much better price than that.