280ai 22inch 1-10 twist barrel powder suggestions

H4831 is the gold standard for the 280 AI. You can't go wrong with this powder in this cartridge. RL23 is a stellar performer, too.
Those are the two powders I use in my 280 AI. It's a great cartridge and you're going to love it.
Do you think with the shorter barrel 4350 would get a little more speed?

Mine was a little on the slow side with the usual powders like 4831 and RL22 when I switched to 22" barrel and I ended up with RL26 which gives me nearly the same velocity in a 22" as the other powders did in 26". I shot 168 grain bullets fine with a 1:10 but now I have a faster twist though still shoot that weight. Hope this helps.

Just got back from the range. I shot the 280AI. RL23, 175 EH, annealed OFB LC 67, FGMM 210Ms. This lot is a little alower seems like, but it shoots well. The velocity swing is not bad. Loaded 6 with one to condition barrel, shot the rest to see. I am not really into statistical significance of the sample size, just looking for a rough numbers to go with.
Screenshot_20211026-202231_Gallery.jpg

Just got back from the range. I shot the 280AI. RL23, 175 EH, annealed OFB LC 67, FGMM 210Ms. This lot is a little alower seems like, but it shoots well. The velocity swing is not bad. Loaded 6 with one to condition barrel, shot the rest to see. I am not really into statistical significance of the sample size, just looking for a rough numbers to go with.
View attachment 306635
Solid numbers with the 175!

Do you think with the shorter barrel 4350 would get a little more speed?
It may. Try it and see.
Someone else noted that they got more speed with RL26. Many of us found that although RL26 gave good velocities, it always seemed to throw a flier. We got the same velocities and great accuracy using RL23 compared to RL26.

What length is your barrel?

I have a 1-10 twist custom 280AI. Used the 168VLD hunting Bullets for a number of years until Berger published recalculated BC's and twist rate. Switched to the Berger 168 Classic Hunters and accuracy beyond 5-600 hundred yards was a drastic improvement. I have used H4831sc exclusively along with 210M Fed primers since this rifle was built.