280ai 175 eldx powder question

If I'm reading it right .3 grains up or down from 58.3 is not good. Not a very wide node.
As stated above it is really early in development and I was more looking for a speed node, then I was going to look for a seating depth node to smooth it out. The only reason I hunted with it was a last min issue with another rifle the kid was planning on using.

Think you might be surprised how well h4831 works for you. Plus its starting to show up again in stores. RL powders are still ghosts. Any powder in this burn rate or slightly faster or slightly slower will work great. That said. Just did load development with imr-7828 with that same bullet and got 2900 fps in a 26" barrel. This powder is on the slow side and i maxed out capacity but did get decent velocity.

Just ran a Ladder with RL23 and 175 ELDX in my 25" 1:8 280 AI this weekend. Peterson brass, Fed 215M. Hit pressure at 61.5 Grs with light ejector mark but no bolt lift. 59.5 - 3003, 60 - 3006, 60.5 -3005. Those 3 were under an inch at 200 so looks like a solid grain wide node. I have a very long freebore in my rifle as these are 3.67" Coal .025" OTL.
Didn't think I would hit 3K before pressure but between the excellent case design, strong brass, long freebore, and tight custom action, it got there nicely. Excited to do some further testing. In my experience, RL23 is extremely stable from 30*-90* and probably beyond that, but those are the temps I normally see here.

4831 SC Should give good accuracy but likely 100FPS slower than RL 23, but I haven't tried it.

264MHC - That is impressive with a 175 in that cartridge. I would load several at 60 gr and stretch it out to see if it holds together. If only RL26 would start showing up, I would buy 8lbs and join the 3000+ club.

Ya I think that is the next move. I may try a few different seating depths, but I'm guessing they will shoot the way I want at that depth. Didn't have my notes when I posted the other day, but the CBTO with Hornady comparator was 2.950". Even as long as those bullets are, the boat tail is barely protruding into the powder space at that length which is why I think I was able to hit that velocity.
I have previously tested RL 26 against RL 23 and VV 565 with 184 Bergers in this rifle and didn't see as much velocity difference as I have seen in other cartridges. 26 Maxed out at 2944, 565 Maxed out at 2937, and 23 maxed out at at 2906. All three showed a potential node around 2875, so I decided I would reserve the RL 26 for cartridges where I see bigger gains.

With the velocity I'm seeing with the 175, it will outperform the 184 at 2875 so I think I will just roll with RL23 and 175s for awhile if the accuracy is there. Great combo in this cartridge.

I'm still in progress, but I have played with the 162 and 175 eldx see the attached pic. My next try is using re23 in the 175 to see what velocity im looking at, note my gun didnt seem to like the n565 so I didn't put that together. Also the groups for the ladder were only two shots so dont base the house on them. The highlighted load for the 162 i did verify and it did kill an antelope this year for my son and was devastating. Im also going to look at the hammers for a lighter load but im intrested in the 130 absolutes for the speed. Loonie was correct H1000 hit capacity before max speed but did produce some good options to explore around the 2800 mark.
I believe the fifth column over from the left should actually say ES instead of SD. Your SD is somewhere in between your extreme high and extreme low velocity which is the 10 FPS difference that you are showing. The longer the shot string the more accurate this information will be, 5-10 shots gives me good feedback information. Those are good numbers that you got in the single digits BTW.