280Ackley and 7828ssc help

chad

Im loading my 280 Ackley with 7828ssc and 150 grain accubond long range bullets.

Anyone have any load data on it?

If you go to Hodgdon Reloading | Home, I think it is, will come up if you just look for Hodgdon reloading data, it has information there for the 280AI. Doesn't say SSC or SC for the7828, but plenty of room in that case for the loads shown, so really shouldn't matter. I have a 280 and prefer the 140gr Ttsx myself. Have taken 14 or so animals with the load. But, like I said, go to the Hodgdon reloading data site. punch in the info requested and hit find, and it'll bring up a bunch of loads. I think there were 9 when I just looked. Not all 7828, but other powders too, though you can "pick" a powder when punching in the request. I'd leave it at all for brands and kinds. Might find something you like. I used 4350 with mine and get 2900 fps from those 140grs bullets, both Ttsx and BTs.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.