280 Remington Stiller

Truc

I wanted a rifle for point blank use. This is what I came up with, a bit heavier than I was thinking but with the way it shoots....

Stiller predator action
25" 2b contour Bartlein 5R 1-9 twist barrel
McMillan Remington sporter Gray swirl stock
Talley base and rings
Leupold VX111 4.5x14x40 LR scope, my VX6 2x12 Leupold will be installed after hunting season
Remington trigger set at 2.5lbs
smith by Eddie Harren
weight as shown 9 lbs
The load is 3 at 52gr IMR 4350 and 3 at 52.5gr 140 Nosler Partition
I am planning on having it coated with either Blk T finish or Ceracoated Charcoal but after hunting season

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

What a nice outfit I wouldn't coat it though looks really nice just like that ,and as a bonus it looks to shoot really well. If you don't like it you could always sell it to me !!! LOL

Truc
If you decide to go a little heavier on bullets we tried the 150 gr. Nosler LRAB and had pretty good luck with that load. My set up is similar to what your shooting and it's holding .5 moa out to 600 yds.
H4350 seems to work decent with this setup however we got more velocity out of I MR 7828 but not the accuracy. We haven't taken any animals with this new Nosler bullet yet but hope to in the next few weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.