.280 Remington barrel

Dskiper

hello,may I ask for what barrel twist would be reccomended for .280 rem. using 140-160gr. bullets? will accuracy suffer by shooting regular .280 loads in a "improved"chamber? thanks, Dskiper

FYI, I have a hunting rifle .280 with a 9.5 twist Krieger CM barrel using 140 -168 grainers with excellent results. ( including 162 Amax which Hornady Recommends 8 twist......3 shot sub 1/2" groups if I do my part)
Regards
zeus

hello,may I ask for what barrel twist would be reccomended for .280 rem. using 140-160gr. bullets? will accuracy suffer by shooting regular .280 loads in a "improved"chamber? thanks, Dskiper[/QUOTE

I would recomend a 1 in 9 to a 1 in9.5 (Some barrel makers make a 1 in 9.2)for the 280 Rem.

This twist will handel all of the 7mm bullets up to and including the 175s.

J E CUSTOM

I have a Rem. 700 Mountain Rifle in .280 & was considering giving the HSM Hunter Gold ammunition a try which has the 140 gr. Berger VLD bullet. They (HSM) reccomended a 1 in 11 twist for that particular bullet/load. My rifle has a 1 in 10 twist.

roninflag...Yes, it's factory bbl. I emailed Rem. last week to see what the twist was specifically because I wanted to try the Berger VLD's loaded in the HMS ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.