280 bullet choice for mule deer

The 150 gr. Partition is the best bullet I have used in the 280. It has never failed to perform for me.

In my 280 I have only fired two boxes of factory ammo. Remington core lokt and the fusion with the barnes bullet. The remington had marginal accuracy but the fusion surprised me. I shot three half inch 5 shot groups and one that was just shy of three quarters Of an inch. If I were to need factory ammo for in a pinch I think this would be it.

Fusion is a good factory load, it is cooper over lead alloy.Federal no longer loads Barnes bullets. They replaced the TXS with their copper bullet.

I shoot both the standard .280 and the .280 AI. If I were going Big Mule Deer hunting I'd opt for the 160 Sierra HPBT game king or the Berger 168 Hunting VLD both do an excellent job of putting game down as always it's up to the one shooting to do his/her job but those two bullets are awesome!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.