.280 AI

Great round! I have 160 grain Accubonds in front of 59 grains of RL26 moving 3,105fps out of a 24" Bartlein barrel with 1/8.7 twist. I love my .284 cartridges and the .280AI has become my absolute favorite. It is a very efficient cartridge and depending on the rifle, my AI's are outperforming my 7mm RM's with same by 100-200fps with same weight bullets.

Theres one out of the Weatherby custom shop in classified here now,think it was 2400,braked ,real nice looking and shot tight

This is my favorite round. It is a very deadly accurate round. I have one in a Cooper backcountry and I'm building another one with a CF barrel. It is not a round I would go hunt grizzlies with but anything else, no hesitation.

This is my favorite round. It is a very deadly accurate round. I have one in a Cooper backcountry and I'm building another one with a CF barrel. It is not a round I would go hunt grizzlies with but anything else, no hesitation.

In hindsight, I wish I would have built the 7mm-08 exactly like my 280 Ackley below. This has readily became my all time favorite rifle.

3263C2A0-CDFE-44E9-9262-6897DBC04A41.jpeg

Nice. I'm considering building almost the same setup. Haven't chosen an action yet, and am debating 280ai, 7saum, and 7rm (280ai is in the lead). Do you know the bare rifle weight?

Nice. I'm considering building almost the same setup. Haven't chosen an action yet, and am debating 280ai, 7saum, and 7rm (280ai is in the lead). Do you know the bare rifle weight?
Go with a 24", 7 SAUM, Forster Dies, ADG Brass with, a Berger 168 at Near,.. 3,000 FPS !
Use, a Tikka SS Action, .300 Win. mag. Magazines and a Brux or, Bartlein Barrel.
Thank me,.. later !