280 AI loads and Federal 215 Primers?

How's that kimber shooting I sold my 280ai cooper to build a lite wt. but a custom isn't in my budget right now

All my loads in my 25-06 get 215's, it's the only primer that tightens groups in my rifle.
My 338-06 gets 215's when using 760 powder and shoots clover leafs with it.
I often use magnum primers in 'standard' cartridges all the time if it changes groups.

Cheers.
:)

How's that kimber shooting I sold my 280ai cooper to build a lite wt. but a custom isn't in my budget right now
It shoots very well, not that fast due to it being so light. Too light in my opinion. The Cooper model 92 in 280AI should be a good choice for you.

All my loads in my 25-06 get 215's, it's the only primer that tightens groups in my rifle.
My 338-06 gets 215's when using 760 powder and shoots clover leafs with it.
I often use magnum primers in 'standard' cartridges all the time if it changes groups.

Cheers.
:)
When switching from a large rifle to a magnum primer do you have to reduce the load, and if so by how much? I'm shooting a pretty stout load of RE26 with a 168 gr Berger and wanted to try the magnum primers.

Definitely, I would reduce by atleast 1 grain and work up.
Thanks. I was planning on reducing a couple of grains since I'm about 2% compressed and over listed max just a hair. Don't usually run hot but the groups just kept tightening up and no signs of over pressure. Brass is beautiful and bolt is smooth as butter.

When switching from a large rifle to a magnum primer do you have to reduce the load, and if so by how much? I'm shooting a pretty stout load of RE26 with a 168 gr Berger and wanted to try the magnum primers.
Well, you see, I actually work up my loads using the magnum primer, I don't just switch as the feeling takes over.
I would in fact start over if switching primers, as often is the case that switching ANY type primer can cause groups to open.
Yes, drop the charge at least 5% (3gr) in most instances and work back up, but don't be surprised if it is not as accurate.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.