280 AI Help!

jeffwhip

I am building my very first rifle chambered in a 280 AI. My action is coming in next week. I went over to McMillan and found the stock I want. I was fortunate in that they had the exact stock I wanted in stock! I also found the exact barrel I wanted at Bruno's Shooter Supply. I will hand everything over to the gunsmith in a couple of weeks. Things couldn't be going any better.....or so I thought.

I can't find one store that has the Nosler 280 AI brass in stock. Help! Does anyone out there know where I can get my hands on some? Or would someone be willing to sell me some new Nosler 280 AI brass? I'd rather not have to fire-form any if I can help it.

Thanks in advance

Couldn't find any brass at my normal shopping spots but I did find some Nosler loaded ammo at Midway USA. Not cheap but it would get you going.

James

Couldn't find any brass at my normal shopping spots but I did find some Nosler loaded ammo at Midway USA. Not cheap but it would get you going.

James

That's what I did. They had it on sale for a while, but it's not right now. Nosler claims that they'll have the brass by mid-October, so maybe buy yourself a box or two to get by until then. That's what I did.

You can neck down 30-06 brass altho' I have found that it is much easier to neck up .270 brass and fire form to .280AI. I fireformed .280 brass to .280AI for my rifle. If you do neck down the 30-06 brass I highly suggest that you neck turn it for conformity.

I am building my very first rifle chambered in a 280 AI. My action is coming in next week. I went over to McMillan and found the stock I want. I was fortunate in that they had the exact stock I wanted in stock! I also found the exact barrel I wanted at Bruno's Shooter Supply. I will hand everything over to the gunsmith in a couple of weeks. Things couldn't be going any better.....or so I thought.

I can't find one store that has the Nosler 280 AI brass in stock. Help! Does anyone out there know where I can get my hands on some? Or would someone be willing to sell me some new Nosler 280 AI brass? I'd rather not have to fire-form any if I can help it.

Thanks in advance

Why bother paying Nosler's price for .280 AI brass when you can do what Parker Ackley told everybody to in the first place! Fire form your loads out of factory .280 Remington rounds. Quite often the standard cases shoot very well I might add.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.