280 AI and 6BR for wife build help

How about an update on 280AI? I'm in the middle of similar build and can only live vicariously through others right now. Same with the suppressor with an order on the Ultra 7 this past weekend. I hope I am still alive and kicking when everything is in and finished.
Haven't started the 280i yet. Waiting to see if she likes the chassis? If she doesn't like a chassis then putting together with traditional style stock. This will be her Elk rifle. She now uses a Tika factory 30.06 . She says she doesn't want a new rifle likes her Tika? I said nobody says they don't want a new rifle 😱. The picture is her Elk she got at 365 yards with her 06

Attachments

• 47CABC82-8C46-4E5D-A8D0-41F0412CBD62.jpeg
    47CABC82-8C46-4E5D-A8D0-41F0412CBD62.jpeg
    532 KB · Views: 57
Looking at the Swaro. X5i 3.5-18x50 for her 6 BR. Want to stay with MOA and 2fp that is what she is used to. Might move it to the 280AI when I get it done. Anyone have this? If yes do you like or dislike?
Being someone that was used to SFP, there's not much of a transition to FFP, in my opinion. Depending on the type of shooting it may be indifferent though. Biggest advantage for me is correcting misses and being able to dial to those misses with FFP. I haven't shot with the X5i but I'm sure it's great, every other Swaro optic I have is.

I am confused 🤔 we dial for our misses with 2FP. Please explain
Yeah you can do that for sure. I just mean that it's easier to spot the miss and dial the correct amount of MOA no matter the magnification. Because that MOA mark will always be the same. That's all. I guess that also means you have to stay on the target and spot your hit (or miss). I'm just saying that's what I noticed was helpful, I'm sure having a busy reticle helps quite a bit with that too. I have both and both have their place, I just don't think being used to a SFP is a reason to not go with a FFP, because the difference going from SFP to FFP is only advantages, IMO.

Nice rig!!!
after reading all this, i have to ask myself, self, do you really think this is for his wife, who rightfully loves her tikka? LOL! have a 7 wsm in the same chassis, but unless at a competition i shoot it in a hunting/comp style carbon fiber stock for hunting
nice setup! lucky wife! think i will build my wife a rifle. 338/378 maybe?

after reading all this, i have to ask myself, self, do you really think this is for his wife, who rightfully loves her tikka? LOL! have a 7 wsm in the same chassis, but unless at a competition i shoot it in a hunting/comp style carbon fiber stock for hunting
nice setup! lucky wife! think i will build my wife a rifle. 338/378 maybe?
Yes I believe her next one is 338 Lapua! She has been asking about it!