280 AI and 6BR for wife build help

Sorry I overlooked before optics, definitely thats doable.
She now shoots a factory Tika SSLite in 30.06. Not sure on building it as a heavy target rifle for the 6BR. Heavy would make a better bench gun. We are not doing competition just for our own fun and practice for hunting. Heavy would be nice for accuracy but was thinking stay light so it is more like her hunting rifle. Not sure which way to go?

I think if you end up in the 8lb range scoped up you will be good.
280AI have some buck I think a brake for her is good IMHO

I think if you end up in the 8lb range scoped up you will be good.
280AI have some buck I think a brake for her is good IMHO
My wife is glad for the brake, she is 5 10 around 150#. Her gun also weighs 10 pounds scoped, if you can make it work with a brake I would go for it. So I agree with L Sherman but I get the argument against brakes as well.

I don't know the weight of the 30-06 but equal weight rifles the 30-06 should recoil more. So if she handles her 06 she is likely fine.

Just read a old post about the Nosler SAMMI spec reamer and the original Ackley one. It said you cannot shoot factory 280 ammunition in the new SAMMI spec reamer just in the old one. Is this true? Article is 8 years old. What do you guys use for a reamer?

I am going to build a 280 AI for my wife for Elk hunting and a 6BR for target shooting. Max weight on the 280AI would like to stay under 6 pds before optics. She wouldn't be shooting more than 600 yards. If I put a short barrel on it for weight an handling will I lose to much velocity for 600 yards? Thinking about 22-24". Needs a adjustable stock or a good adjustable cheek pad. Planning on a Bartlien CF barrel. And also left handed. Not sure what pills I want to put down the tube? For the 6BR again 600 yards is the longest range we have access to. For this one I was going to put the fully adjustable stock on it because there is no weight concern. Probably a Bartlein CF barrel also. Again left handed. Open for suggestions on actions, stock , trigger etc. I would like to see your buy once cry once build sheet. And a more budget friendly build sheet.
I would stay in the 160 class bullets, like the Accubond.
Even the 140 AB stays above 1800 fps impact velocity at 600 yards in a 17" tube.
180's will add needless recoil in my opinion
A 18" barrel will easily keep your Impact velocity above 1800 fps at 600 yards.
Cutting 4" off a 22" tube will make it stiffer, and you may be able to go up a taper in size as well
Really good muzzle brakes matter!
Holland Radial Baffle on 280AI XP-100.