From another member:

Nosler Brass
CCI BR-2
57.5gr 7828 SSC
180gn Berger Hybrid
2.664" to Ogive
2793fps, SD 7.5
0.22" x 3 shots
Thanks. Reloader 26 hard to come by but I picked up some 7828ssc. I've used 7828 in a 7 mag but have not tried ssc. I appreciate and look forward to trying in my Christiansen Ridgeline.

Thanks. Reloader 26 hard to come by but I picked up some 7828ssc. I've used 7828 in a 7 mag but have not tried ssc. I appreciate and look forward to trying in my Christiansen Ridgeline.

The 7828ssc performs great in my standard .280s, achieving 2925 fps with 160 gr Accubonds, not pushing too hard. Very good accuracy.

Anyone use the Hammer 160gr Shock Hammer in this cartridge?
No, but I'm using the 143 gr Hunter with RL23 and getting 0.25-0.5 moa and 3260 fps. Steve Davis of Hammer bullets runs this combo in his own 280 AI, but I'm getting more speed then he is.

I see you are from Sacramento area.........I grew up in Carmichael and my parents still live there

No, but I'm using the 143 gr Hunter with RL23 and getting 0.25-0.5 moa and 3260 fps. Steve Davis of Hammer bullets runs this combo in his own 280 AI, but I'm getting more speed then he is.
I see you are from Sacramento area.........I grew up in Carmichael and my parents still live there

The BC of the 160 intrigues me....

The BC of the 160 intrigues me....
It will be a potent round. Give them a try if you're so intrigued. I know the Shock Hammers work really well out to about 500 yards. I believe Steve only used the Shock bullets in all the different cartridges they took to Africa

View attachment 207681well just built my first remage rifle .280 ai 1-8 twist 26" xcaliber, b&c m 40 long range, m5 bottom metal, triggertech special, so far so good two different factory loads 140/155s both shot Around 1/2" at 100. Looking for what you guys are seeing the best accuracy out of on the heavier end 170 gn plus bullets, not new to reloading. I know how to work up a load just wanna get an idea of what's working for y'all so I'll have a good starting place thanks guys
Hello Neighbor. We are working on the same thing. I have 2, 280 AI and am working up loads. im in Angelo send me a PM if ya wanna exchange notes. Also have some heavy bullets 175/180s if you want to try a few.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts