• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 280 Ackley Improved

tikkad

For sale is a 280 Ackley Improved Reminton 700 Sendero. I got this rifle in a trade and am currently trying to thin the heard so forgive me if I do not know all the particulars. The stock is the HS Precsion with the Remington decelerator pad. Action is a G prefix Remington 700 (unsure weather or not it has been trued, but it is smooth as butter.) Action is bedded in the front and around the rear tang, appears to be devcon, does not look at all like it was a "garage bedding" looks very well done. Trigger is the old style reminton with the wide shoe and deep swoop factory sealed.

The barrel is where things get tricky- after bringing it to my smith and having him look it over he has limited down to 3 possibilities in his professionall opinion. He also turned me in the direction the gunsmith that did the work (Doyle "something" I would have to check again) He did not remember this particular gun because he has barreled reminton 700's for over 1100 customers in his words.
The three my smith thought
Krieger Medium sporter
Brux Medium sporter
Or finally a Broughton Magnum Sporter

It appears that the barrel was put on a different action than originally set for. It was cut back about ¼ of a turn and restamped. Barrel is finished at just a hair under 24 inches.

Bottom metal is gloss BDL with stainless follower.

I will ship it in a hard case to FFL who receives from individual.

LOOKING TO GET $1025 OBO
Trades considered I'm willing to entertain just about anything, just let me know what you have in mind.
1328234524.png

1328231769.jpg

1328231870.jpg

1328231898.jpg

1328231917.jpg

1328231837.jpg

1328231796.jpg