280 Ackley Improved Question

Huntingbigun

Hello New to your site and was hoping for a few pics of McMillian Marble stocks.

Building up another stick 24 Douglas barrell with McMillian hunter stock, 700 action & Jewell trigger in the 280AI. Marble is hard to judge so a picture is worth bunch.

Thinking a #5 barrel trying to lighten up compared to my sendero's that lug up a hill, dang those hills get bigger when you get a few gray hairs:D

So to really get to know some of you guys your thoughts on cart slection. I have 300rum sendero class already for long range & heavy bullets.

Thanks

I'm having one built right now on a 700 trued and blueprinted action 26" 3 grove 1:9 twist fluted barrell and bolt along with the HV Jewell trigger not so sure about the Jewell as they don't like dust and a HS Pres. stock all in sts. Going to shoot some 156 grn.Cauterucio bullets along with some Bergers can't wait to find out just what it will do but I have no doubt it will be a performer once fed the right loads! Good luck on yours.

gun)

Sounds like twins, pml me I send you some of my loads from my280AI BR, it has 7 douglas and bench stock but has worked up well to 800.

McMilliam 5 months WOW I quess people are still buying stuff to make sticks

Thanks for the reply:D

If you already got an longrange gun and want something lighter for packing I'd say that rifle is still gonna weigh a fair bit.

You don't have to go to the extreme that I did but I can assure you its a dream to pack and its just as accurate.

280 AI
M700 Ti action
LW 1100 featherweight barrel 23.125"
Match lug
Titanium firing pin and match spring
Aluminum shroud
Talley rings
Leupy 3-9x33 LR ultralite scope
The stock thats in this picture is an MPI kevlar and I also have a Bansner Sheep hunter for it too.

In this picture it weights 5 lbs 10 ounces all up. I'm replacing the steel bedding compound with aluminum this winter so I'm hoping to get 5.5lbs scoped.

IMG_1231.jpg

Hi brambles

you must be on the same brain wave as Douglas, He said same thing so now think #3 Douglas in Rem Contour. That is a nice piece for sure , so going to lighten her up. Thanks for reply

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.