280 Ackley Improved Bullet Recommendations

I have used the 160 Nosler Accubond in 280AI to excellent effect. The 160, in my rifle, likes about 2750 fps, and shoots 1/2 MOA. Less, when I'm shooting well.

The 140 Absolute Hammer is one I'm still working on. It's the one I want to work because it will be travelling at >3200 fps. This is in a different rifle than my initial work in 280AI. I'm still trying to find the right powder. Well... the right powder that is reasonably available.

With a good scope, however, I would be happy to use the Accubond as far as I could count on the velocity to get good expansion.

Yeah I am sticking with the 168 VLD. It would be nice to find some more rounds. If anyone sees any, let me know.

It's rediculous how expensive the reloading components are too!
Yes they are up, but when you got people that state they have 32lbs of a powder and going to get more. No wonder why things are so high. With the Fed's wanting to take away our firearms too. People get scared and over buy. In some ways I can't blame them either.
Get out and vote to send people home and to never return. That how you beat the lefty, and get them out of offices. There some on the right that need to go too. The biggest thing is people complain, but don't vote. I was able to vote at age 21, and have only missed one election. The first year that I could vote I was in Vietnam. I vote twice that year. Like they say: Vote early and often. 🤣 Think about how it was while Trump was in offices and now with Dumb Bast**D in offices. The Fed's running around like Gestapo's. 20 to 30 agents to arrest an old men with guns drawn. The old men never been in trouble. If that isn't Gestapo's like, nothing is.

Nosler has factory ammo for 280 AI 160 grain partitions in stock. I haven't bought factory ammo in a while but Holy Moly is it expensive! Partitions are elk killers but WOW am I glad I reload
I can't believe just over 2 years ago I could get 280 Rem in Nosler trophy grade for $35/box on sale. Regular price was like $50 or 55. It shoots great but seems to be discontinued. I looked up prices on the 280 AI. 🤯

I reload but couldn't pass up the price on the Nosler then, but would pass on it now. Yikes

Interested to hear your opinion on what load to use for a .280 AI when hunting elk. I have been using Federal Premium Berger Hybrid Hunter 280 Ackley Improved 168 grain bullets so far and they seem to be doing the job. Difficult to find anymore though.
If you have some brass, we have dies and load something up for you. We have 150 swift, 150 barnes, 150 noaler ballsitic tip160 accubond, 175 berger and a few others on hand. Might be an option for you.