280 Ackley Chamber

Just for reference, the bolt on my xbolt 280 AI will close with ease on all of my 280 REM ammo, which includes ammo from Nosler, Federal, and Norma. I have not shot any of it yet though.

Just for reference, the bolt on my xbolt 280 AI will close with ease on all of my 280 REM ammo, which includes ammo from Nosler, Federal, and Norma. I have not shot any of it yet though.
Nice. No resistance to bolt closure whatsoever? Same as closing the bolt on an empty chamber?

Nice. No resistance to bolt closure whatsoever? Same as closing the bolt on an empty chamber?
There is a little more resistance than closing the bolt on an empty chamber but honestly, it's about the same as the 280 Ackley Improved ammo I have. Really can't tell any difference between any of the ammo I have.

There is a little more resistance than closing the bolt on an empty chamber but honestly, it's about the same as the 280 Ackley Improved ammo I have. Really can't tell any difference between any of the ammo I have.
The best way to "feel" it, is to remove the bolt shroud/firing pin assembly so you haven't the main spring in play.

I chambered mine with a Manson SAAMI reamer, using Manson & PTG SAAMI go gauges and scotch tape. My bolt will not close on my Forster 280 Rem go gauge. My bolt "crushes" Remington and Hornady factory 280 Rem ammo, and Remington NIB brass.