.280 ackley brass

brokenharley711

anyone know where i can get some new brass in .280 ackley? i can't seem to find any anywhere. i've got a new shilen barrel that will be here tomorrow and i need to send some brass off to hornady to get a modified case made so i can check the throat length before i bring it to the gunsmith in case i need to get a custom reamer made. anyone have any for sale? with hunting season closing in i'd even consider a partial lot(1/2 bag) if someone could part with some.

thanks

Boss,
Great idea! How do you like the 280AI compared to the 7-300win you were working with

bruno was out too. nosler says they expect to ship from the factory to retailers sometime in november. too late for me. just ordered a box of 20 nosler custom 280 ackley rounds for $55.. kind of expensive for 20 pieces of brass but thats wwhat you get for shooting goofy rounds.

Boss,
Great idea! How do you like the 280AI compared to the 7-300win you were working with

Do not know yet-------280 AI is not finished yet plus it will have a 24 in tube vs the Warp 7 which has a 26in tube and holds more powder. The 280AI will be a wood stocked piece of work by
Chuck Grace not Speedy so I know the accuracy will not be quite as cutting. It will however, wear the nicest blank I own and be something I will want to sleep with every night!!!!!!!

Interesting how other's projects seem to run parallel.

I finished a 7-300WSM this past spring and now have it dialed in and ready for the start of deer season here. I have some locations picked out for some longer shots this fall.

I just ordered an action and will be getting started this winter on a true lightweight rifle. The goal is 7.5lbs with scope, and this will be a 280AI.

just bought 2 boxes (50ea) of the nosler 280ai brass from
OnlyOutdoorGear.com and it was literally there last 2 boxes. i went to google and typed in "nosler 280 ackley improved brass" and went to the "shopping" section and just started going through the vendors. i went through about 20 before i found any. here is a place that says they have some in stock Everything Hunters - Your Best Source for Hunting Supplies this place says they have them too Bulls Eye Marksman Gun Club good luck man.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.