28 nosler

28 Nosler has a node above 3150fps, with 180-195 grain bullets, in my 26" 1/9 barrel and still there in the new 27" 1/8 barrel. The limiting factor was the Nosler case, that not a factor anymore with Peterson or Hornady brass, in my rifle.

I run nosler brass, have gotten so far 7 rounds out of each brass using N570 powerder with 195 EOL's and using 79.6 gr powder with 215 federat match primers. I shoot 3039 FPS average and found it to be the most accurate load ive tried out of this rifle with a 27" barral and 1/8 twist. Ive tried the H1000 with about 5 different loads and didnt like either one. For hunting under 300 yard it would be fine, but for stretching out long distance I found it inconsistant, dirty, and had to use more powder to get the same speeds. Just my opinion.

i'm going to do my own reloading an decided to use the hornady 162 eld-x bullet. does anyone have an idea witch powder will be a good match . any help will be appreciated
I shoot that bullet with IMR8133 in mine. Stay away from R33 with this bullet. R33 will form a carbon ring in 20rds and is very dirty with this bullet weight. 8133 turned very low SD's and is very clean burning with very high velocity.

H1000 dirty?
compared to the N570 thats what I found. I know its not considered a "dirty" powder compared to many others, and maybe I was using too much powder, i dont know. But pulling a patch after each shot I noticed its a lot blacker than pulling a patch after every shot of N570.

I shoot that bullet with IMR8133 in mine. Stay away from R33 with this bullet. R33 will form a carbon ring in 20rds and is very dirty with this bullet weight. 8133 turned very low SD's and is very clean burning with very high velocity.
about how much8133