28 Nosler

I can not fathom spending 2k on a Ridgeline to shoot factory ammo which most likely will hang out around 1MOA. The CA rifles are very accurate with hand loading. If you are dead set on factory ammo get a 300 as already stated and try to get some Berger(formerly ABM) with 215s.

I've got a 28 and absolutely love it. Don't feel you can go wrong with it. I'm shooting 180 Bergers and it's wicked. That being said the 300 mag is tried and proven and has a lot longer following and factory options. Not that this helps much but you can't really go wrong either direction.

28 nosler 8 twist. All the higher BC bullets are long and getting longer. You will need the faster twist. Even with a 8 twist, ensure you have magazine space to hold a 3.6 coal.

Also the saami chamber 28 nosler will push the 195 around 3000 FPS with retumbo

PM for a loader that sells ammo for the 28N.

Not much said about a 30 Nosler? It sure seems to beat the 300 WM at least
from what I've read? But new gun prices for a 28 or a 30 are about the same
So Go Bigger!

Not much said about a 30 Nosler? It sure seems to beat the 300 WM at least
from what I've read? But new gun prices for a 28 or a 30 are about the same
So Go Bigger!

I'd go 300 Norma over 30 Nosler. Both are going to be very similar in performance and price, while both running in a standard long action. Biggest difference is the Norma uses the Lapua bolt face, and 30 Nosler uses the Magnum. But with the military choosing the 300 Norma, there will be more factory stuff for it coming down the road.

Are those the loads with the "Hybrid Target OTM" bullets?

Yes ...

sGQENZ9.jpg

http://www.bergerbullets.com/products/ammunition/http://www.bergerbullets.com/products/ammunition/

Thank you, that's what I thought. I hadn't considered those and will study up on terminal performance on medium/big game, but I expect that it is excellent.

Sorry for the thread drift...
Search Broz. You'll find all the terminal performance data you need.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.