28 nosler

ann brezinski

Any thoughts on this one?
The 7 mm lrm is interesting but the nosler seams more useful because of nosler has been around longer.the gunwerks case and the company have only been around since 2006 i think.any thoughts on this line of thinking?
Gary b

The difference in cartridge design and performance is fairly minimal. The accuracy will depend on how well your rifle is built and your hand loading/shooting ability. Either one will serve you well for long range hunting and shooting.

No big game animal will have a clue as to whether it just got hit with a 7 LRM or 28 Nosler.

Performance wise. Nothing between them.

Accuracy wise. It's the rifle not the chambering. Both are "inherently accurate" designs.

Company wise. Yes, Nosler has been around longer than Gunwerks. However the 7 LRM has a little more installed base right now. I believe the 28-Nosler is catching up.

Ammunition wise. The are both rare. Gunwerks lists 7 LRM at $119.99 for 20. I have not found any factory 28-Nosler but didn't look that hard as I load my own.

Component wise. Nosler brass is available as 26-Nosler for ~$2.50 each "everywhere", just neck it up. 28-Nosler brass will probably be available soon. 7 LRM does not seem to be listed as brass anywhere. Someone else here probably knows now to get it. Everything else is "standard".

I like my 28-Nosler. Made from a R700 300 RUM it is for sale so I can make a new one on a Weatherby Mark V action and a Proof Research Carbon wrapped barrel.

The 28 Nosler was submitted and made a SAMMI standard. I don't think the 7 LRM was, so it is really just a wildcat and will only be supported by Gunwerks. You will probably be able to get standardized dies and brass for the 28 Nosler soon. I am going with the 28 Nosler, just waiting for the dust to settle a bit. Will have one next year.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts