28 Nosler with 195s and and IMR 8133

chav0_12

I need help, I've called or emailed a few bullet manufacturers, looked on the Hodgdon site and I'm not finding any reliable information as far as load data goes for the Berger 195s or any ~195gr bullets using IMR-8133. There's no Retumbo, RL33, H1000 or N570 to be found and I'm surprised I found 3lbs of 8133. I just might have enough to work a load up and have some rounds to hunt with this year. If anyone has any data, (I'll be careful), I just need somewhere to start with this stuff. I also have 3.715 of of mag length, I haven't checked how long my throat is though, I just need to screw the barrel on and I'll be ready to shoot.
Any help would be much appreciated.

I'll need to look tomorrow at numbers but I ran 195's with fed magnum primers, Bertram brass and 8133. Ran close to max length with a wyatts extended mag box bdl. 3160 out of a 27in barrel.

I have two ladder tests loaded up with IMR8133 in 28 Nosler ready to shoot this weekend. With the 184 F Open Hyb and 195 EOL. 26" 1:8" barrel, not SAAMI reamer though, throated for the 195s.
I could not find any info either, so started just below halfway per Hodgdon/IMR reloading data.
I will try and post up results this weekend.

I have two ladder tests loaded up with IMR8133 in 28 Nosler ready to shoot this weekend. With the 184 F Open Hyb and 195 EOL. 26" 1:8" barrel, not SAAMI reamer though, throated for the 195s.
I could not find any info either, so started just below halfway per Hodgdon/IMR reloading data.
I will try and post up results this weekend.
Yeah, I was sort of thinking I'd just compare some of the other similar cartridges that have data for it and get close to what might be a starting load. I'm thinking I'd be safe starting around 76gr and could work up to possibly over 82gr-84gr somewhere. I'm thinking 84gr would give me more than 3k FPS.

Okay I don't have the length as I sold the rifle but like I said they were seated long for the wyatts box. 83.3 with very slight pressure signs. 3160 w/27in barrel.

From Hodgdon/IMR w. 180gr bullet for reference.
Screenshot_20200804-105623_Chrome.jpg

I need help, I've called or emailed a few bullet manufacturers, looked on the Hodgdon site and I'm not finding any reliable information as far as load data goes for the Berger 195s or any ~195gr bullets using IMR-8133. There's no Retumbo, RL33, H1000 or N570 to be found and I'm surprised I found 3lbs of 8133. I just might have enough to work a load up and have some rounds to hunt with this year. If anyone has any data, (I'll be careful), I just need somewhere to start with this stuff. I also have 3.715 of of mag length, I haven't checked how long my throat is though, I just need to screw the barrel on and I'll be ready to shoot.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Contact Berger, they would give you the information you need to start if they have tested with 8133.

I never tested the 195's with 8133 in my 28, but did shoot it with the 180's, I would think, using a starting load point for the 180's would be okay. If you know someone with QL they may be able to run the numbers for you.

Yeah, I have a plan for it already. It's funny Berger said because it's not in QL yet they don't have data for it.

Recent Posts