28 Nosler vs 7 RUM

Jeremy338

Just curious on real numbers.
195 Bergers
28 has been out for awhile now wondering true MV
Any real number examples would be appreciated. Thanks

My 28 does 3060 with 195s. I sold my Rum but it used to get 3202 with 180 hybrid. Coincidently, I talked to a guy the other day who claims his rum shoots the 195s at 3375 with 28" broughton barrel, 102 grains of H50BMG powder. I can't see how, but he claims he can prove it. I think I may ask him to prove it. Just wont stand too close while he is shooting.

One of my 28 noslers shoots 195 3140, and the other one is shooting 180 eld m's 3260 both are 28 inch bartlien barrels using re 33.

I talked to a guy the other day who claims his rum shoots the 195s at 3375 with 28" broughton barrel, 102 grains of H50BMG powder. I can't see how, but he claims he can prove it. I think I may ask him to prove it. Just wont stand too close while he is shooting.

"Sure I can!!! 1 shot per brass, some of them have the primer fall out after I shoot for some strange reason, and I carry around a wood hammer handle to open the bolt after I shoot, it's pretty stiff, I have been meaning to oil my gun, it's dirty as heck!! But that is ok, with the performance I'm getting I only need one shot anyway!!!!!"

Lol. Stand clear when he "proves it"

"Sure I can!!! 1 shot per brass, some of them have the primer fall out after I shoot for some strange reason, and I carry around a wood hammer handle to open the bolt after I shoot, it's pretty stiff, I have been meaning to oil my gun, it's dirty as heck!! But that is ok, with the performance I'm getting I only need one shot anyway!!!!!"

Lol. Stand clear when he "proves it"

Put it in a lead sled, strap it down, and use a 20ft string.

My 28 does 3060 with 195s. I sold my Rum but it used to get 3202 with 180 hybrid. Coincidently, I talked to a guy the other day who claims his rum shoots the 195s at 3375 with 28" broughton barrel, 102 grains of H50BMG powder. I can't see how, but he claims he can prove it. I think I may ask him to prove it. Just wont stand too close while he is shooting.
My 28 ran them in the 3050 range with good brass life and not hot roddin it, my 7mm rum AI runs them at 3200 on a 30 inch krieger I have ran it up to 3260 but brass wont live past 3 loads there in the summer, When I was testing loads for that rifle it would loosin the primer pocket open before it would get a tight bolt or ejector swipe. I ran it up to 99 grains of 872 and hit 3350 but the primer was not held in any more lol. I look at the primer flow into the firing pin hole with that rifle but at 3200 it keeps good brass life.I have just formed up a batch of Bertram brass for it and I am going to test it and see if I cant get a tad more out of it because it hits a really good node at 3260

I run my 7RUM at high 31's. Have to send my bolt to gretan for a bolt bushing. I'm pretty sure I smoked the firing pin hole. Lost a lot of primers at 32+
Hope it stops losing primers when I get the bolt back. It has a good node right over 32. 28" krieger

When I built mine I did a few things to try to keep pressure down, the AI and a stepped throat, and a .062 firing pin on a one piece bolt(not for pressure but to be tougher in pressure). I really like the 872 powder in that rifle. I bought 16 pounds of 33 but I ended up running the 872. I am hoping the bertram brass has a tougher pocket

If you get the barrel throated long for the 195's in a 28 then performance will be pretty similar with everything else being the same. Both can push it 3100+ safely. 28 can be loaded to that speed in a standard long action (will need longer than standard magazine for a repeater, will need to load around 3.73" to maximize capacity and performance). RUM will need a magnum length action.

Mine is throated for 195's
Boat tail at the neck shoulder junction
Can't remember oal off the top of my head but it's long. 7RUM

From what I have read about the nosler 28 Roy Weatherby was right. Accuracy velocity energy!! Velocity being a bench mark of all Weatherby magnums. Also no Monte Carlo cheek piece it looks like a walmart gun. I will never own one. I read the ballistics and still no one compares to Weatherby. Also the 7mm ultra mag out shoots the 28 nobler any day of the week.

Just thinking out loud here.....but I wonder if, after 5+ years, 'Ol Jeremy (and anyone else nowadays) mightn't have found that info...? Just thinking here.... ::)