28 nosler throat wear

Gobears16

I have a 28nosler that's had around 350ish through it. I've measured to the lands and it's worn .016. I'm curious if this is fast or about normal and when it be considered worn out. I don't have a borescope and I'll monitor the accuracy and speed. It's shooting great right now. Want to get it dialed for the fall and then only verify a couple times before the hunt. I have a 6.5cm that I practice with at least 10-1 shots fired 6.5 to the 28. I typically take 3 min between shots (use a timer on my phone)... I was just curious other guys experience on throat wear on their 28's.

my 28 started losing accuracy at 350 rounds. Fire cracking was pretty bad. And the actual bore looked really rough. It still holds sub MOA. So I'll still hunt with it this fall. Swap it out this winter

That's not to bad. Most people with N570 or RL33 and 195's run them hot and get about .008 per hundred. I have a new barrel that has seen H1000 and Retumbo only with 184's. Three shots let it cool. I am at .005 for first 100. So your not looking to bad.

That's not to bad. Most people with N570 or RL33 and 195's run them hot and get about .008 per hundred. I have a new barrel that has seen H1000 and Retumbo only with 184's. Three shots let it cool. I am at .005 for first 100. So your not looking to bad.

That's the kind of info I was looking for. I've been shooting only 195's with RL33. I clean every 20-30 shots really well. At first I only cleaned after every 50-60 and saw huge spikes in pressure and found out it was a carbon ring. Since then it's been great! A little finicky to iron out the Handload but overall it hits 24x24 plate at a mile 60-75% of time!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.