28 Nosler Rifle Recommendation

Give Robby a call from MOA - I spoke with Bob Beck earlier about the build you want, he is in Mexico hunting right now, Robby can help you in the mean time. Remember the 195 we all shoot is Bobs design and is called the EOL for Extreme Outer Limits.

Robby 770-274-9205

Thank you. I will give him a call.

I would go for any Browning in 28 Nosler. Fast 3 lug bolts and excellent quality that has a lot of nice features in either A-Bolt II or less pricey Hell's Canyon models.

Love my original Stainless Stalker A-Bolt in .300 Win mag. and Boss brake.

Eric B.

I would go for any Browning in 28 Nosler. Fast 3 lug bolts and excellent quality that has a lot of nice features in either A-Bolt II or less pricey Hell's Canyon models.

Love my original Stainless Stalker A-Bolt in .300 Win mag. and Boss brake.

Eric B.
They don't make a Abolt in 28 nosler only the xbolt.

Stiller action, custom barrel (Bartlien IMHO), quality stock to your specs, Timney trigger, choose your brake, PTG bottom metal and Accuracy international magazines.

Save literally 2000$ piecing it together then have a quality smith assemble it

Make it the way YOU want it; and look the way YOU want it!!

Something really cool about owning a rifle that no one else in the world has a duplicate of!! Nothing else like it

Piercisionrifles.com kelbly action, brux barrel, Hawkins bottom metal, manners eh1, muscle brake, cerakote, picture perfect bedding, all in about 4200$. Moa will be almoat twice that.

Just spoke to Robby at MOA. They have a new rifle coming out that's not on their website yet. It is the Extreme Summit Carbon. He texted me a picture as well. Very sharp looking rifle. Lead time is about 4 months. Tried to connect with Ryan Pierce today but was unsuccessful. I will try him tomorrow.

That is a great rifle. I thought there was a newer version coming out that had a Manners Stock

There is a version with a manners stock that you can buy at Cabela's. With that said, the stock it comes with is made in house and looks pretty nice. I wouldn't think Seekins would make a crappy stock.

Before you buy any rifle - (if you want to shoot the 195 Bergers.) you will want to make sure the action and mag length will work and that it is chambered for it. If not you will end up with not much more than a 280AI.

Nothing wrong with that just know what you are doing first. I've had 2 28 Noslers because of not having this advice first :).

Always appreciate a heads up on something like hat.

When I spoke with MOA, we discussed them working up load data for the 195s or the ELD-Xs which are 175 or 180 off the top of my head.

Always appreciate a heads up on something like hat.

When I spoke with MOA, we discussed them working up load data for the 195s or the ELD-Xs which are 175 or 180 off the top of my head.

You will run the 195 from .005" to .020" off of the lands and run a bunch of R33 or Retumbo :).

It's crucial to make sure your chamber is long enough -
I'll pm you my exact load if you want it.
Some guys are running 570 now too I believe. I'm a fan of the Temp stable Hodgon powders so I stay with Retumbo. Heard a lot of great things about the R33 as well.

In the 180 VLD H1000 was awesome.

You will run the 195 from .005" to .020" off of the lands and run a bunch of R33 or Retumbo :).

It's crucial to make sure your chamber is long enough -
I'll pm you my exact load if you want it.
Some guys are running 570 now too I believe. I'm a fan of the Temp stable Hodgon powders so I stay with Retumbo. Heard a lot of great things about the R33 as well.

In the 180 VLD H1000 was awesome.
If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate the help on the load workup. I am a fan of Retumbo as well given temp stability.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.