28 Nosler Barrel Contour

Left Hand Dave

What are you guys with 28 Noslers using for barrel contours? I am looking at shooting the 195 Berger and have decided in a 26" tube in either a #4 or #5 Krieger contour but can't decide on which contour.

I have 28" sendero contour on both of my 28 noslers, both of them are shooters.

Good to know the # 4 Brux is one I have been looking at. Do you know the weight of the complete rifle?
The rifle weighs 10lbs 2oz with a 6-24x50mm Vortex PST Gen I. The Barrel is Brux #4 with Intermittent fluting, the action is Stiller Predator, HS Precision DBM, McMillan A3 Sporter stock and I have added a Bradley Adjustable Cheek rest and military style adjustable sling that is included in the weight of the rifle.

What are you guys with 28 Noslers using for barrel contours? I am looking at shooting the 195 Berger and have decided in a 26" tube in either a #4 or #5 Krieger contour but can't decide on which contour.
If you are wanting a Stainless Steel barrel, that decision will be easy. Krieger won't make a SS 7mm barrel in a #4 contour.

I used a #3 SS Fluted Benchmark 26" long and a brake on top of that and its slight barrel heavy, so really depends on how your going to use it in which contour to go with, I don't see the need to go any heavier than that, just makes the rifle impractical

I just built a 6.5 saum with a #5. I think it's the perfect balance for weight. You can always have it fluted later if you feel it's heavier than you wanted.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.