28 nosler and scirocco ii 's

Blaketh

does anyone know where I can find 28 nosler reloadong data for scirocco ii's? Apparently its not in the swift manual. Does anyone have any real world experience with the scirocco ii's for a hunting round? I like the bonded high bc setup as it should shoot flat and not destroy alot of meat.

I have tried the Sciroccos in a few rifles and haven't really found any of my guns that have outstanding accuracy with them.....
Personally 160 grains is the lightest bullet that seems practical for me out of the big 28....

150's are all Swift offers in .284. I've just begun load work up with 180 Scirocco II in 300 WSM. All of my research indicates "most" Scirocco bullet : rifle combinations perform best with longish jumps and higher end velocity node(s). The African Plains hunter forums had the most useful info I could find aside from talking to Bill Hober at Swift.

There is a school of thought promoted in Precision Rifle Blog that seems to help with jump determination. See link below if you are interested. https://precisionrifleblog.com/2020/04/28/bullet-jump-research-and-load-development-tips/

Last edited:
150's are all Swift offers in .284. I've just begun load work up with 180 Scirocco II in 300 WSM. All of my research indicates "most" Scirocco bullet : rifle combinations perform best with longish jumps and higher end velocity node(s). The African Plains hunter forums had the most useful info I could find aside from talking to Bill Hober at Swift.

There is a school of thought promoted in Precision Rifle Blog that seems to help with jump determination. See link below if you are interested. https://precisionrifleblog.com/2020/04/28/bullet-jump-research-and-load-development-tips/
I have a 300 winmag I am also hoping to load scirocco ii's in. I just like the set up. I havent hunted with much else but I have a 243, 3006 and 257 bee i plan to try and put them in as well. I dont like bullets that destroy alot of meat.

I have a 300 winmag I am also hoping to load scirocco ii's in. I just like the set up. I havent hunted with much else but I have a 243, 3006 and 257 bee i plan to try and put them in as well. I dont like bullets that destroy alot of meat.[\QUOTE]

I think its a well proven hybrid ogive bullet. It just does not seem to perform accuracy well when seated close to the lands. Kinda flies in the face of conventional accuracy wisdom from the last few decades. The PRB info shines a different light on the subject.

does anyone know where I can find 28 nosler reloadong data for scirocco ii's? Apparently its not in the swift manual. Does anyone have any real world experience with the scirocco ii's for a hunting round? I like the bonded high bc setup as it should shoot flat and not destroy alot of meat.
Try a 175gr. bullet didn't have much luck with any lighter than that. RL33 84-87gr. working well for me. ABLR is what I'm currently pushing 2900+

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.