28 Nos Hammer Hunter load

ebby

What are you guys running for the 177 HH in the 28 Nos? I've got a nice load with the 175 ELDX and N570 but I'm out of powder. Wanting to try the 177's and got a box. You guys seating them deep? Here's what I've got:

Fierce rifle 1/8.5" -might be tricky to stabilize but thought I'd try them

RL33
RL26

Which powder you guys like? My gun likes the N570 and Retumbo but I don't have enough of either for load development.

Thanks!

Lee

I have had 28s now and my advice is to never develop more than one load per gun. You will burn the barrel off of it before you are ever satisfied. But RL33 is always a good choice

Yeah. I get it. Just don't have anymore N570 or Retumbo so need to come up with another solution. Since I'd be doing load work no matter what, I thought I'd try the HH. Just wondering where to start. Thanks. I'll look into the RL33

I saw a few loads on the spread sheet but they were with RL33, N570 and H1000? I didn't see any other powders listed unless I missed it. Was also wanting some opinions on the powders and to see if there was any advantage to one of them over the others? I've heard RL33 is dirty and the 8133 is cleaner but wasn't sure about temp resistance and things like that for each of them?

Looks like the 169's and smaller are for 8.5 twist. I knew I'd be a little marginal with the 177's but since I already had them I thought I'd try them.

Lee

I reached out to Steve via email but haven't heard back. I'll see what he thinks.

What are you guys running for the 177 HH in the 28 Nos? I've got a nice load with the 175 ELDX and N570 but I'm out of powder. Wanting to try the 177's and got a box. You guys seating them deep? Here's what I've got:

Fierce rifle 1/8.5" -might be tricky to stabilize but thought I'd try them

RL33
RL26

Which powder you guys like? My gun likes the N570 and Retumbo but I don't have enough of either for load development.

Thanks!

Lee
If you get them to stabilize let me know I got the same rifle but went with the 155 hammer hunters beachside I wasn't sure. Tia