28 nos, 180 eld-m results/performance ??

fisherman983

Going to be loading for one with the 180s. My cousin is Leary about using them.
Just looking for some results and experiences from others.
Thanks

Going to be loading for one with the 180s. My cousin is Leary about using them.
Just looking for some results and experiences from others.
Thanks
I tried the 180 ELDM in my 28 Nosler a little while back using both RL33 and IMR8133. I was having a hard time finding the Berger 195 due to the current Berger shortages and was looking for alternatives. I got decent results, but ultimately they were not quite as accurate as the Berger 195 EOL in my particular gun (Defiance action, 26 inch Bartlein 8 twist barrel, Manners EH-1 stock, Timney trigger, Thunderbeast Ultra 7 suppressor). Another possible consideration is some guys in other threads have reported the the 180 ELDM blowing up in mid air when pushed to 28 NOS velocities in faster twist barrels. I personally did not experience this but I was keeping them under 3200 FPS according to my Labradar chronograph.

I had similar experiences using the 180 ELDM. I have since switched over to the Nosler 185 RDF. I have pushed it to 3240 with US869 and a 26in barrel with good SD and bullets held together.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts