277 fury

I see it as being pretty pointless...who cares if PTG has a reamer, nobody in their right mind would chamber it and run it up to 80-100k psi in any currently available factory or custom action anyway. Not to mention the non-existent hybrid brass.

I see it as being pretty pointless...who cares if PTG has a reamer, nobody in their right mind would chamber it and run it up to 80-100k psi in any currently available factory or custom action anyway. Not to mention the non-existent hybrid brass.
I looked for the reamer on ptg last night before asking my question and couldn't find it.

My intention was to run it in the brass version at normal pressures. I got rid of all 277 variant rifles and wish I still had one.
I looked for the reamer on ptg last night before asking my question and couldn't find it.
Comes right up using Google search.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191220-084214_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-084214_Chrome.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 164
It is still a .277 caliber rifle. The only dope I know of north of 3060 fps is Hornady light magnum and that is a nasty throat burner. Remember, it is the person behind the gun not the tool that aims the weapon.

Arisaka action would do it

Po Ackley 1949

ALSO

SEVERAL

custom actions and 1 commercial multi logng action know will withstand over 100k psi

Except if you necked a 6.8 Creedmoor up to 277 and put it in a 16 inch barrel you would not get close to 2900 FPS safely . The steel base and stronger action allows pressures to be ran up to maybe 100,000 PSI safely. I am just guessing on the pressure we will have to wait for the official release.

Calm down the 6.8 and 277 are the same size. Lol.

This round came out of the US Army's quest for a new SAW and rifle. Army designed and provided bullets but left cartridge design to industry. This round is SIG's answer as they did everything in house.

The polymer rounds are from True Velocity (General Dynamics ammo partner) and Textron. True Velocity's ammo looks similar to a normal cartridge case but with almost no case neck and is not reloadable. Textron's ammo is a cased-telescoped round.