.277 dia. tests anyone???

Long Time Reader

Has anyone tested the Cutting Edge .277 BC?
Has anyone tested the Nosler ALR .277 BC?

Please, I am looking for some people that have tested the real world bc of these .277 bullets.

I haven't pulled the trigger on either but I shot CEB's in other cals and I have the custom Litz drag curve for the 130 CEB and ran it against the 130 Berger and it runs just under the Berger which is about right. The ALR I'll bet money will run around the same weight Berger.
It's very hard to beat the Bergers and you can't beat the Matrix bullets in the 270's.

I haven't pulled the trigger on either but I shot CEB's in other cals and I have the custom Litz drag curve for the 130 CEB and ran it against the 130 Berger and it runs just under the Berger which is about right. The ALR I'll bet money will run around the same weight Berger.
It's very hard to beat the Bergers and you can't beat the Matrix bullets in the 270's.

the 130 CEB is advertised at .540BC so you say it is under Berger's Classic Hunter 130 at .497BC?

Riley (barnesuser28) just posted a bunch of pics of the 277 150 ABLR vs 277 140 Accubonds.
I took the pics, & sent them to someone smart enough to post them (Riley):D but they "look" sleek.... I haven't tested any for drops etc, & probably won't test any further than 600. The rifle is my dads, & he won't shoot past 600 yds anyway. He just heard I had a box of ABLR 150's, & asked me to work up a load for his rifle for elk season. I'm guessing the MV will exceed 3000 fps, & be shoving 3100 ish fps with RL-22. Drops should stay within his comfort zone using stadia lines in his Leupold Varmint reticle out to 550-600 yds. Currently he shoots 140 Accubonds just under 3100 anyway. Should be similar.
He just wanted to test them on Elk this year & liked the idea of a .279 SD of the 150ABLR vs .261 SD of the 140AB.
Ill report after Elk season on the terminal performance.

The 130gr CEB's properties are stated ind Apllied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting.

image.jpg
(L) 277 140 Accubond vs 277 150 ABLR (R)

0.625 is way better than the 0.495 or so of their other offerings.

I still have a supply of Wildcats but . . . .

If I can push one to 3500 plus as can be done with the 150 NBTs whooooooo Hoooooo she's back to being a 1600 yard woof getter. . .

Wonder if I can find some of those suckers.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.