270wsm 130 gr ttsx load?

Mine is beyond book load but message me and I will give it to you if you want it. if not no biggie. I don't want to start a debate on the safety of loads over book maximum so I will refrain from posting it in public. I will say it was worked up in a Tikka and it has worked well in two identical rifles. Before I get gang blasted on here I will say that I would and will never recommend anyone go straight to a maximum or over maximum load without starting low and working up to ensure safety in your own rifle.

63.5gr reloader 19. Its average was 3255 fps out of my weatherby 24" tube.

Worked great on my deer this past weekend @ 30 yards. haha

I have been shooting 130gr. tsx not ttsx dont think load will be much different though. Using norma brass, Win mag primer, 75gr. Accurate Magpro. 3500fps. Be very cautious if you try this load I am over book max values, but In my rifle I am just starting to see pressure signs. I have found this to be an amazingly accurate load. This is being shot out of a Browning M-1000 Eclipse 26" barrel. I have found my best accuracy to be much closer than barnes recommends though.

I have loaded both in my 270win. Seating depth needed to be shorter on the TTSX because it is a longer bullet (wouldn't fit in mag or eject properly when set to the same ogive length) but once I dialed that in, they seem to be equally accurate at the same node, specifically 2900 fps. 54.0gr H4350. Strange, 54.4 is hotter and still accurate with TSX but TTSX goes astray at that load. Haven't hit game with the TTSX, but the TSX has performed very will on wild pigs and deer.

Up in the air this year about using 130gr SST vs TTSX for deer because I know the latter will drill them but I won't be able to use the SSTs in just a few years due to the lead ban in Calif. and have read many blogs about them blowing up sometimes. That never happens with Barnes but I guess sometimes they can pencil through. Then again, the 85gr TSX out of my 243 has been pretty deadly too and its a lighter rifle. Decisions, decisions...:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.