270win brass?

I stopped using Winchester brass a few years back. Same issues as the OP and bad necks. Some had folded brass in the necks. I hate sorting through the pile to find the good ones. Seems like a waste of materials and I wish Winchester would step up to the plate and increase their quality control. They might shoot fine but I'm not wasting my powder and primers to find out. I hope they work for the OP's purpose.

A while back I had a problem with some Winchester brass, the guy you want to speak with is Jack Wallace <[email protected]> he's the guy in charge of that Dept... Jake is a good guy and will take care of any question you might have without the run-around game. Good luck.

Jake is the guy that got my bolt replaced under warranty due to Winchester magnum primers pinholing and pitting my bolt face on a BRAND NEW rifle. He's a straight up guy. They also replaced the 1000 primers.
That is the ONLY time I have ever had an issue with Winchester products requiring a warranty. Have had poor bedding from New Haven, but nothing new there really.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Jake is the guy that got my bolt replaced under warranty due to Winchester magnum primers pinholing and pitting my bolt face on a BRAND NEW rifle. He's a straight up guy. They also replaced the 1000 primers.
That is the ONLY time I have ever had an issue with Winchester products requiring a warranty. Have had poor bedding from New Haven, but nothing new there really.

Cheers.
MagumManiac,
I agree, Jake is an OK guy very easy to work with, and a man of his word. Winchester is lucky to have him. Side note: he's a top-end scattergun shooter, nationally ranked.

I didn't know that. He had my issue dealt with the next day and I'm in Australia. He contacted the head guy here whom I know personally and got the ball rolling.
I didn't go through Winchester here because they rarely warranty anything.
To be honest, Winchester here were very angry that I went over their heads, but hey, I wanted it fixed in a timely manner.

Cheers.

Several years ago I read a article in Precision Shooting magazine where the author said that deburring the inside the primer pocket was the single most important thing you could do for prepping your brass for accuracy. I started doing my .223 and 30-06 brass as I was competing in service rifle matches at that time. Shortly after I started doing this process to all my brass for every caliber. Lyman makes a excellent hand tool for this and I'm sure others do as well. I have done thousands if not tens of thousands of different calibers of brass over the years, I do believe it helps.

I didn't know that. He had my issue dealt with the next day and I'm in Australia. He contacted the head guy here whom I know personally and got the ball rolling.
I didn't go through Winchester here because they rarely warranty anything.
To be honest, Winchester here were very angry that I went over their heads, but hey, I wanted it fixed in a timely manner.

Cheers.
Yep Jakes is the one to talk to for sure. Cheers

Several years ago I read a article in Precision Shooting magazine where the author said that deburring the inside the primer pocket was the single most important thing you could do for prepping your brass for accuracy. I started doing my .223 and 30-06 brass as I was competing in service rifle matches at that time. Shortly after I started doing this process to all my brass for every caliber. Lyman makes a excellent hand tool for this and I'm sure others do as well. I have done thousands if not tens of thousands of different calibers of brass over the years, I do believe it helps.
The wording I should have used would be deburring the inside of the flash hole, I hope that makes more sense.