270 WSM tikka T3 150 VLD HUNTING ?

Quaddrager

Starting to set up a new load for this .270 WSM. Will start with the Berger VLD HUNTING 150 grn . My question is which powder would you all start with.

I'm going to give these bullets a try as well.

I'm shooting a Weatherby vanguard 24"

Quaddranger ...we will have to share our success/failures.

Are you gonna feed it by hand or did you modify the magazine to accept a longer OAL cartridge ?

I'm going to give these bullets a try as well.

I'm shooting a Weatherby vanguard 24"

Quaddranger ...we will have to share our success/failures.

Yes sir, keep me posted. Did a ladder test with H-1000, had so many that grouped together that im going to be doing alot of testing LOL

I can touch the lands & still have room for them to fit the magazine. First loads I backed them off .30 Going to try them there, hope they work LOL

Right on... I ran out of magazine length before I got near the lands with mine and 140 gr. Ballistic tips...

I'd like to try some 150 gr, LR Accubonds and see if I can get them to shoot... .625 BC fills a big gap in .277 offerings...

I'd bet you can get most any bullets to shoot in these Tikka's... By far the easiest rifle I have loaded for... So far everything I feed it is sub MOA...

How far were you shooting you're ladder test?

Right on... I ran out of magazine length before I got near the lands with mine and 140 gr. Ballistic tips...

I'd like to try some 150 gr, LR Accubonds and see if I can get them to shoot... .625 BC fills a big gap in .277 offerings...

I'd bet you can get most any bullets to shoot in these Tikka's... By far the easiest rifle I have loaded for... So far everything I feed it is sub MOA...

How far were you shooting you're ladder test?

200 yds. Thats all we can shoot at our local range.

Man that sucks... It's hard for me to find a place for longer yardage as well but 200 is hard for that test.. I just shot one at a little under 400 and the POI's were still a little too close to see what was really going on...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts