270 WSM Swift Scirocco II 130gr load data

Anyone load the 130gr Swift Scirocco II in the 270 WSM? I'm looking for some starting data and may need to go on a powder search.
I can't help you with load data but I will tell you this. Those bullets are very inconsistent on game and if you have anything else you might consider saving the Sirocco's for varmint hunting.

On quite a few occasions I've had Scirocco's flatten out the size of a quarter or half dollar and make 90 degree turns or better as soon as they hit something solid.

Once it very well could have resulted in someone being seriously injured or killed when a really mad blue Wildebeest got up and charged.

I can't help you with load data but I will tell you this. Those bullets are very inconsistent on game and if you have anything else you might consider saving the Sirocco's for varmint hunting.

On quite a few occasions I've had Scirocco's flatten out the size of a quarter or half dollar and make 90 degree turns or better as soon as they hit something solid.

Once it very well could have resulted in someone being seriously injured or killed when a really mad blue Wildebeest got up and charged.
Well that's discouraging haha I just loaded a bunch of them up tonight to test in my 270 wby , I'm glad I bought 400 of them and so far have not had any luck so far getting them to shoot. Some people get them to shoot but I can not.
I'm using trying them in my mcwhorter 270 wby and it has literally shot the 8 or so different bullets I've tried 1/2 to 3/4 moa.
I will try these and give up on them.

Well that's discouraging haha I just loaded a bunch of them up tonight to test in my 270 wby , I'm glad I bought 400 of them and so far have not had any luck so far getting them to shoot. Some people get them to shoot but I can not.
I'm using trying them in my mcwhorter 270 wby and it has literally shot the 8 or so different bullets I've tried 1/2 to 3/4 moa.
I'm sorry you're having problems.

As a rule they shot very well fotr me in the 6.5's, 7mm and 30 cal's I shoot.

The problem was what happened when they hit something solid.

Last edited:
WildRose please look below in Similar threads ,Swift Scirocco ll, OP 300winnie , turn to page 2 his last post on subject , via Company spokesman (Bill Hober) ,date February 18th 2006 , Cheers 🤔

I have used them in a 280 Rem.

During load development, found they were a little finicky. You can find on many sources people have had good luck with seating further off the lands. This did the trick for me. I had a good load, but when I seated a little further into the case it improved (decreased) my group size.

I'll take all you want to get rid of....

Out of all the bullets I have tried, I have had no success getting Scirocco II's to group well. Tried them in two rifles. I will try a third rifle before I hate them completely, but at this point, I will never use them for hunting.

Have you tried any 150 grain of other bullets in your 270 WSM?