.270 wsm primer ??

Blue mountain hunter

What primer to use for a .270wsm?? I have federal match 215. Will they work or overkill ? Using hodgdon powder. Any help would be appreciated .
Thanks

I would use them. I use CCI 250 mag for my 270 wsm. But then again I shoot 71.5 grains of 33 with a 165 matrix too. I need the heat!! :D

I concur that mag primers would be best, especially if you are ever using your loads in colder weather. I usually go to a mag. primer at 60 grains or so powder and greater or if it is a ball type powder...

My cousin uses Winchester Magnum LR primers in his custom built .270 WSM. It printed a 2" group at 700yds!

I have used both the Fed 215 as well as the Winchester WLRM primers in my 270 WSM and haven't found any measurable difference in velocity or accuracy -- and I use a chorongraph. Right now I can find the Win WLRM primers in the stores but not the Fed 215's.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.