270 WSM Info Please

What pad did you install on your tikka? I personally would rather buy a tikka just because I know it will shoot, but I have never heard of a Savage not shooting....

Limbsaver model 10011 fits the T3 Lite. Installs in about 2 minutes.

No brake. Keep recoil low. As I understand it those are the parameters. I was very surprised as I read the thread that no one was talking about 7 mm 08. Finally someone did. When I first read your post, that was my first thought. If you need to keep the recoil lower, how about 6.5 Grendel. You're going from 24 caliber to 26 caliber; and the recoil will be very light.

Going to the slow burning powders will tame the wsm recoil more than reducing the velocities with 4350 or 4831 speed powders. If recoil is that big of an issue stick with the 243. It will kill everything you shoot with it if you take the right shot and place it well. She could do this with practice and a 243 would promote that with it's verylow recoil. As much as has been said get a brake and wear electronic muffs hunting/shooting and let her decide if she wants to keep it on or not.

I am looking at buying a 270wsm for the wife as an elk gun. She shoots the 243 very well already, but I am curious if anyone else out there has any insight on what the recoil is like. I know I have shot a 300wsm and the recoil is nothing like that of the recoil of at 300 win mag. We went to the store and had her shoulder a few different rifles. She felt comfortable with the Tikka, Bergara and Savage. Any info is appreciated! Also, the 6.5 is not an option. Thanks
One of my daughters shoots a 270WSM, The other shoots a 7MM WSM. They argue all the time over who has a better gun. They are unbraked, and neither complain about recoil. The 7 kicks harder, but neither are a problem. Gun fit is more important for them because it is the source of excess recoil for girls. They need to fit them.

One of my daughters shoots a 270WSM, The other shoots a 7MM WSM. They argue all the time over who has a better gun. They are unbraked, and neither complain about recoil. The 7 kicks harder, but neither are a problem. Gun fit is more important for them because it is the source of excess recoil for girls. They need to fit them.

what brand of rifles are they shooting?

One has an abolt with a shortened monte carlo stock. The other is a model 70. The lop and pitch are wrong for a girl. Easy fix by shortening lop and adding a shotgun rocker pad. Kickeze makes them. All the girls need them on shotguns and they just happen to work equally well on rifles. Distributes the recoil 10x better into their shoulder pockets.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts