270 WSM for Elk?

Because it hurts them. Inspecting each track, about 50 yds down the hill was the first drop of blood, along with a 1/4 " piece of bone. The blood got thicker, the bone pieces bigger, finally to 2" long. Finally, I found a spot where he rolled ( hill was steep) and I knew I had him. Saw him head up, alert, but he didn't see me when I put the finisher under his ear. He had been hit in the front right leg just below the brisket. As he ran down that steep hill the leg bone broke apart. He could have left the country, but it hurt him and he bedded down. At my shot three more of the trophies busted out of junipers below him and went over the next hill...where my neighbor got one, a 7 pt. Mine was a 6 pt already over the hill. Aged at 10 1/2 yrs. Beams were 54, sword points were 20" each, 10 1/4" bases. His 6 th points were 6", but he scored 330. The lesson here is, to be a successful hunter, it entails more than shooting. Nowadays,everyone wants to make the log shot, but are you willing to go over there and spend time if you see the animal walk away? Hope you enjoyed. It was fun for me reliving it. Goodnight.

Thk You Wheeler !!! Yes I enjoyed it very much ,I'm from wis, you story telling is a talent that matchs your passion of the hunt and it's many Rewards.!!! Thks again for sharing n enjoy our forum ,regards jjmp

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.