270 WSM Best Load Data from members that own one

Fedwell

I recently picked up a Used 270 WSM from a local Paun shop. Have never owned one before so I wanted to see what everyone had to say about it. Although the Gun looks to be in very good shape I don't think the previous owner EVER bothered to clean All the Copper fouling out of the Barrel so I am into the 3rd day of Cleaning, Also I am very interested in any info on 6.5 PRC Loads since it is fairly new on the market not much Reloading info available. Also does anyone Know if Reloader 26 Will ever be available again?

Welcome. Kind of funny that your first post includes an inquiry about RL 26. I'm the "never say never" guy but you had better be standing in the aisle when your LGS puts it on the shelf. All of the online retailers that have the "Notify Me" on this will have their servers over run if they get any. The so called temp insensitivity may keep it from ever showing up again. If it does, don't count on it being the same that all are used too.

I recently picked up a Used 270 WSM from a local Paun shop. Have never owned one before so I wanted to see what everyone had to say about it. Although the Gun looks to be in very good shape I don't think the previous owner EVER bothered to clean All the Copper fouling out of the Barrel so I am into the 3rd day of Cleaning, Also I am very interested in any info on 6.5 PRC Loads since it is fairly new on the market not much Reloading info available. Also does anyone Know if Reloader 26 Will ever be available again?
I used 140vlds with 4831sc. Can't remember the load because I sold it a while back. Mild load around 3000 is what it liked.

6.5 prc loads mirror 6.5-284 for the most part. That's a starting point.

If you find reloder26, let us know! :)

H-1000 and Retumbo will be your friend.
145 ELD-X Shot very well for me with you guessed it RL-26. Check where your lands are at and seat as long as your magazine will allow.

H-1000 and Retumbo will be your friend.
145 ELD-X Shot very well for me with you guessed it RL-26. Check where your lands are at and seat as long as your magazine will allow.
Thanks for the Reply but I have been there and done that on the Gun Checks also FYI Retumbo and H1000 are as hard to find as RL-26 I have purchased some MagPro and Magnum powers going to work on some loads with them

I used 140vlds with 4831sc. Can't remember the load because I sold it a while back. Mild load around 3000 is what it liked.

6.5 prc loads mirror 6.5-284 for the most part. That's a starting point.

If you find reloder26, let us know! :)
I was told by one Gun Shop manager that the US Military had bought up the entire supply of RL-26. That being said, Has anyone tried any Ramshot LRT? know of any Loading info on it?
LRT is supposed to have a Burn rate similar to Retumbo.

Does anyone out there Have a 270wsm with a 1-8 twist?
I am in the process of getting mine re-barreled and would like some input on what loads you have found to be the best ect,

Thanks much ...Fed-well:)