270 wsm best 500 yards deer load

Model12boy

Hey guys!! I have a 264 winmag I hunt with currently an have good kills out to 400 yards. I recently purchased a Winchester coyote lite in a 270wsm an was looking for excellent factory loads or hand loads with excellent results. The only factory load I saw an really liked was the new/kinda new Hornady precision hunter with the 145 eld-x bullet. I have not shot it yet but looks good on paper. Any input would be great.. I currently shoot the 143 eld-x out of my 264 an have been impressed so far with it.

I shoot a 270 WSM with 145 ELD-X over H1000 with very good results and deer and pig. They are handholds at just over 3100fps. Wicked performance out to about 600yds so far.

I shoot a 270 WSM with 145 ELD-X over H1000 with very good results and deer and pig. They are handholds at just over 3100fps. Wicked performance out to about 600yds so far.
I shoot the H1000 with my 264 an have had great results. I bought some H4350 to try with the LRX bullets

I bought some LRX to try. The reviews seem good but in server cold weather people were saying the tip would break off during a rough chamber.
They are good bullets but I actually had the tip break off while hunting in -25c once in a tikka.
I used them last winter in my 270 wby with out a problem.

Out to 500 yards I would look at the 140gr Accubond. That bullet works well with 1:10 twist barrels. I ran this setup for years using 4350 to push them 3075 to 3100 from a stock 24" barrel and out to 500 yards it is a great deer round. You can push the 140s faster but no need at this distance for deer. Just more recoil.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.