.270 win trophy bonded bear claw

otis332

I am going to get some ammo for the upcoming hunts. I was going to get the fusions or break down and get some federal sierra gamekings. In reading online I started to read about the trophy bonded ones. I know nothing about them. I was going to get the fusions because I have read nothing but good on how they shoot and group.

Anybody tried these TBBC on deer or elk? Do they shoot well or is it just hype?

140 accubonds are the best thing I've ever run through a 270 Win. I loved the 130 BT's until the AB's came out. I had great results on a caribou at 400 yards with the AB's.

I'll be trying the 140 VLD's in the near future. Even if they shoot great I don't think they will replace the 140 AB's for all around use.

The 270 is a great round. But no matter WHAT bullet you put in it, is isn't a 338! Shot selection and bullet placement is critical on large animals.

Good luck on your hunts!

Gene

A long time ago.....I used the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw factory loaded stuff in 7mm Mag, 175 gr bullets. I shot them out of a factory Browning A-Bolt with .5 moa accuracy at 100 yds.
I killed quite a few 250-300 lb, 150-168 BC Whitetails in Saskatchewan with them with ease. Shots were under 200 yards.
They are not a "long range" bullet, but up close they will not disappoint you.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.