.270 Win Fast Twist= Needs Catchy Name

Leaning toward .270 TH = Thor's Hammer based upon the velocities I posted up this morning! Stopped at 3284 with 156HH and RL26 so it will be no doubt be one at those velocities!
You're welcome lol. Just thought of another one, the 270 BANSHEE cause at those speeds it's a SCREAMER LOL! That really is smokin, you're in 7mag territory there.

What is accuracy like? I'm considering rebarreling my Browning 270.
So far just ladders but even with significant load differences, was prob 1 MOA. The last 4 loads with the 156HH were easily 1/2 MOA which is normal for Hammers I have shot. The faster you push them they seem to get more accurate. BUT the Berger 170 EOL was equally accurate. I have always struggled to get Bergers to fly but these seem to just like the 3.63 COAL & CBTO that is about 0.090 off lands. I will double check the CBTO and will correct if need be. The barrel is not showing any copper at all which is great to see.

I corrected the CBTO for the 170. The 0.035 was for the Hammers.

Last edited:
FYI- I just reworked the Sig brass and very much impressed with primer pocket tightness. Even with some hot loads, all were nice and snug with 210's. Just thought I mention how well the Sig brass is holding up. Also its crazy how bright the brass is, looks new and I just wiped it off for next loads. Now if you could only find some!

Edit added: I have not trimmed either. Brass has grown 0.003 max on a few.

Last edited:
So its whole different cartridge with fast twist, longer barrel and longer throat. So why not give this old cartridge a catchy name for it. We have the .270AI so I think we need something to separate it from the standard cartridge. I am calling my new one .270 Heavy, got .270 Fatboy as suggestion. I am pretty sure the name was for the cartridge, I hope.

What do you think? PLEASE! No CM!
270 Coil

So its whole different cartridge with fast twist, longer barrel and longer throat. So why not give this old cartridge a catchy name for it. We have the .270AI so I think we need something to separate it from the standard cartridge. I am calling my new one .270 Heavy, got .270 Fatboy as suggestion. I am pretty sure the name was for the cartridge, I hope.

What do you think? PLEASE! No CM!
270 Coil

Recent Posts